Investing in Place is hosting a conversation about the vision and perspective of Council of Governments and subregions in Los Angeles County’s long-range transportation planning efforts and potential 2016 Transportation Ballot Measure. This will be an opportunity to share information, make connections, and build relationships between CoG staff and elected officials and community leaders. CoG staff and elected members will discuss their vision and strategies for the sales tax ballot measure. Invited guests include CoG staff, elected, Metro staff and Board offices, community based organization and more.
Topics of discussion will include: vision for local return, performance metrics, active transportation, slow streets, transit and defining social equity. The format will be two panel discussions featuring CoG staff and elected officials followed by open discussion.
There is no cost to attend, but registration will be required for admittance.
To join us please register today by clicking here.
1:00 pm Registration opens – coffee and tea served
1:30 Program starts
Welcome, who’s in the room, and opening Remarks
– Jessica Meaney, Managing Director, Investing in Place
Hearing from Metro Leadership
– Phil Washington, Metro CEO
Panel 1: Discussion with Council of Governments Staff, Facilitated by Jessica Meaney and Rudy Espinoza, LURN
Topics: Vision for Local Return, Defining Social Equity, Active Transportation, Slow Streets, Performance Metrics (Metro framework from October/November Committees), Mobility Matrices
- Jacki Bacharach, South Bay CoG
- John Bwarie, San Fernando Valley CoG
- Jennifer Cohen, Central LA Subregion
- Terry Dipple, Las Virgenes/Malibu
- Karen Heit, Gateways CoG
- Paul Hubler, San Gabriel Valley CoG
- Brian Ludicke, North LA Subregion
- Katherine Perez-Estolano, Westside Cities CoG
- Ann Wilson, Arroyo Verdugo Subregion
Panel 2: Hearing from Council of Governments Elected Officials, Facilitated by Jessica Meaney and Rudy Espinoza, LURN
Topics: Recommendations for ways partners can work with the CoG/Subregion, Vision for Local Return, Mobility Matrices
- John Fasana, Councilmember, Duarte, San Gabriel Valley CoG, Metro Board of Directors
- Kevin McKeown, Mayor, Santa Monica, Westside Cities CoG
- Jess Talamantes, Vice Mayor, Burbank, San Fernando Valley CoG
- Kurt Weideman, Councilmember, City of Torrance, South Bay CoG
Group Discussion/Takeaways moderated by Jessica Meaney, Investing in Place & Rudy Espinoza, LURN
As of Friday November 13th – see the list of registered guests.
Policy Brief: Los Angeles County Council of Governments and Subregions.