We are looking forward to our next partner meeting at the Japanese American Cultural and Community Center in the Little Tokyo neighborhood of downtown Los Angeles from 1:30 to 4pm on Tuesday March 29th.
The event is free, but registration will be required for admittance. Please reserve your spot by clicking here.
To preview what’s planned for the meeting, hear from Investing in Place’s Managing Director, Jessica Meaney here:
1:30 PM – Welcome and who’s who in the room
1:40 PM – Investing in Place Quarterly Update
1:45 PM – Briefing on the Metro Expenditure Plan. Led by Stephanie Wiggins, Metro, Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
1:55 PM – Investing in Place Analysis of Expenditure Plan. Led by Jessica Meaney, Managing Director, Investing in Place.
2:15 PM – Break-out Groups: Discussion on the draft Expenditure Plan. Led by Investing in Place Advisory Board Members. Each table will discuss specific elements of our response to Metro’s draft expenditure plan. We will be evaluating the draft expenditure plan based on the letter we submitted to the Metro Board of Directors on September 1, 2016 (see the letter here).
2:40 PM – Break!
2:50 PM – Report back on group discussions. Your feedback will help provide basis for our public comment letter.
3:10 PM – Overview of a Vision for Equitable Transportation in Los Angeles County.
3:40 PM – Closing remarks and adjourn.
Who should attend:
- Public Agency staff, elected officials, community based organizations and funders looking to understand the timeline and opportunities for engagement on the potential 2016 Metro ballot measure, discuss the proposed expenditures, and partners interested in advancing social equity in transportation policy and investments in Los Angeles County – particularly through the update of Metro’s Long Range Transportation Plan now underway.
Questions? Input? Please let us know via email at email@example.com.
Curious what previous Investing in Place County partner meetings have been about? See our 2015 meeting recaps here:
- 11.16.15 Los Angeles County Council of Governments and Subregion Forum
- 9.9.15 Open Partner Meeting and Reception: Lessons learned from SB 535 and refining Metro framework recommendations
- 8.17.15 Social Equity and Public Health Leaders meet with Metro Executive Staff
- 6.16.15 Social Equity and Public Health in Los Angeles County Transportation – developing a policy definition
- 5.1.15 Advocacy Organizing Workshop – Increasing Investments for Active Transportation in Los Angeles County
- 3.5.15 Open Partner Meeting
- 2.11.15 Transportation Policymakers breakfast