Investing in Place is launching L.A.’s first Transportation Reportcard this Fall, to investigate the functionality of our public space, from sidewalks to bus shelters to public restrooms. The bilingual report will be released by the end of the year to create a more complete picture of the needs of all Angelenos who move around the city.
And you have a role in this.
We are inviting community members and partner organizations to assist us on collecting data regarding the bus rider experience in Los Angeles from getting to, boarding, riding, and getting off the bus. We will be researching five key LA Metro bus routes across the City. Volunteers will be trained to ride certain segments of the selected lines and fill out a simple observational survey. (Surveys will be available in English and Spanish, both online and in paper form)
Would you volunteer to ride at least one route during the survey period (Fall 2021)? Your insights will inform our city leaders’ understanding of transportation in our city, and help improve the bus rider experience in Los Angeles.
Please sign up here to volunteer. If you have any questions, please contact Aziz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hosting volunteer meetings every Tuesday during the month of October from 5PM-5:45PM via Zoom, and the next meeting is TONIGHT! Tuesday October 12th. Email email@example.com for a zoom link and calendar invite.
Feel free to join us for at least one of the meetings, although they are not required to complete a bus route survey.
See you on the bus!
- Introduction / Introducción
- Staff Contacts / Contacto del Personal
- Volunteer Sign Up / Registro Voluntario
- Blog Post on the Project (ENG)
- Sample Social Media (Twitter and Instagram) / Ejemplos de Social Media (Twitter y Instagram)
- Which Routes? Can I do a route that is not on this list? / ¿Que rutas? ¿Puedo hacer una ruta que no esté en esta lista?
- Will volunteers be paid? / ¿Serán pagados los voluntarios