Completing Streets Work Group
This group was active from 2016 – 2019 and meets sporadically when issues arise.
Previous wins of this work group have included:
This work group has influenced allocations in the City of LA’s $1.4 billion sidewalk repair program, $92 million street furniture program, and the City’s first-ever comprehensive Complete Streets projects, totaling $80.1 million in safety and mobility improvements.
And 2018, through a collaborative efforts advocacy efforts led by Los Angeles Walks, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, People for Mobility Justice, AARP in Los Angeles, and Investing in Place won a $37 million annual budget for the Vision Zero Program, a budget increase of over 1,100% in three years. Since the City launched Vision Zero launched in 2015.
- City of Los Angeles Budget 101 – Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Bus Shelters, Urban Tree Canopy, and LA Sidewalks – Monday, August 27th, 2018
- Tripping Point: Valley Edition – October 21, 2017
- Tripping Point Summit – June 10, 2017
- Completing Streets/Measure M Local Return Strategy Call — March 27, 2017
- Completing Streets work group meeting — November 30, 2016